A Contemporary Figurative Impressionism Painter from Kiev, Ukraine.
Igor studied in Kiev Fine Art Academy, where he was awarded a Masters Degrees in Art and Architecture in 1974. He moved to the USA in 1990 and resided in the suburbs of Atlanta until his death in 2019.
Igor got his first International European Award For Outstanding And Gifted Children when he was 7 years old. During the 55 years of his professional career, Igor participated in hundreds of solo & group Fine Art Exhibitions worldwide. His art is in private and corporate collections in USA, Canada, Israel, Italy, France, Spain, England, Japan and other countries.
After moving to the USA, Igor participated in several nationwide projects. One of them was the Fernbank Museum of Natural History in Atlanta, GA, with the completion of three major Murals for an Age of Dinosaurs exhibit, totaling 1280 sq. ft. Immediately after which Igor was granted a Green Card under the status of an Outstanding Artist . The central mural is still considered one of the largest scientific Murals in USA Museums.
Igor then took a long 20 years break from being an artist to launch the first American-Ukrainian wholesale art company, based in his home country. He introduced Fifty Best Outstanding Ukrainian Artists to American Art Galleries throughout those years with steady success.
Eventually he closed his company and decided to get back to what he did best – to paint and be an artist again. Since then he participated in numerous Art Shows and Competitions, building up his fresh portfolio and trying to find his place in the ever-changing Art Market.
As long as Igor remembered, he was painting and studying the history of art, traveling to museums, looking at masterpieces, gathering and understanding more of the techniques of geniuses of the past and present. Igor was heavily influenced by the dreamy realism of outstanding American artist Andrew Wyeth and was drawn to the detailing of early Flemish Art.
Igor passed away on June 6, 2019.
Kiev Fine Art Academy – Masters Degrees in Art and Architecture
Igor studied at the Kiev Fine Art Academy, where he was awarded a Masters Degrees in Art and Architecture in 1974.
Russell Athletic Corporation Trade Show Exhibit, Atlanta USA
1992 – Completion of exibition murals totaling 2400 square feet.
Fernbank Museum of National History, Atlanta, USA
1992 – Completion of three major scientific murals for an Age of Dinosaurs exhibit totaling 1,200 square feet.
2018 – “Harmless landing” has been accepted into NOAPS 2018 1st Best of America SMALL PAINTING National Exhibition and were hosted by the Richland Fine Art Gallery in Nashville, Tennessee from April 30th – May 26, 2018
2018 – “Forgotten” is taking part in Oil Painters of America Twenty-Seventh Annual National Juried Exhibition at the Steamboat Art Museum, Steamboat Springs, Colorado
2018 – “Sunday Morning” and “The Season is Over”, are accepted in the Roux & Cyr International Fine Art Gallery juried exhibition titled “Capturing Light” in Portland Maine, April 2018
2018 – Four paintings became finalists in the prestigious Art Renewal Center’s International Salon 2017-2018 Competition and were included in the 2018 ARC catalog.
2017 – With painting “Sunday Morning” Igor became the Best Overall Acrylic painting winner in the October – November 2017 Plein Air Salon Art Competition. The painting then moved on to the annual Grand Prize competition for 2017
2017 – “The season is over” was selected as a finalist in NOAPS Fall 2017 On-line exhibition, out of over 900 competition entries and received an AWARD OF EXCELLENCE
2017 – “LOST ANGEL” has been selected as a finalist in the PORTRAIT SOCIETY OF AMERICA Members Only Competition
- 2017 – 4 Mix Media Digital images were selected to take part in the Thumb-Box Exhibition & sale for SALMAGUNDI CLUB, New York, NY
2017 – “Sunday Morning” took part in the Holiday Show at Castle Gallery Fine Art in Fort Wayne, Indiana
2017 – “Birthday Girl With Yesterdays Balloon” was chosen to take part in the Fall Auction for SALMAGUNDI CLUB, New York, NY
2017 – “Still life with the roses” was chosen to take part in the Fall Auction for SALMAGUNDI CLUB, New York, NY
2017 – “The season is over” was selected as a finalist in the Landscape category of The Artist’s Magazine 34th Annual Art Competition
2017 – “Sunday Morning” was accepted into NOAPS 2017 Best of America Exhibition hosted by Castle Gallery Fine Art in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- 2017 – Painting “Endurance Test” was accepted into the Salmagundi Club, New York Nautical Show, running July 10 – 27
- 2017 – Watercolor painting ” Harmless landing” was included in the 40th Southern Watercolor Society Annual Juried Exhibition, Panama City Center for the Arts, Panama City, FL
- 2017 – Igor became a Non-Resident Artist member of SALMAGANDI CLUB, New York, NY
- 2017 – ” Just another working day ” was accepted into the first International Guild of Realism’s Salon, Marshall Gallery of Fine Art in Scottsdale, AZ
- 2016 – Two paintings chosen to participate in 11th Annual IGOR Juried Exhibition in Gallery 1261, Denver ,CO
- 2016 – Two paintings were included in the“Root to Bloom” Juried Exhibition in PRINCIPAL GALLERY, Alexandria, VA (The Exhibition was on Nov 11, 2016 thru Dec 13, 2016)
- 2016 – “My park – Clear water” was published in the International Artist magazine #112, December/January issue.
- 2016 – Finalist in a prestigious Art Renewal Center International (ARC Salon 2016)
- 2016 – Igor was accepted into the International Guild of Realism (IGOR)
- 2015 – 37th Southern Watercolor Society Exhibit-Customs House Museum, Clarksville, TN, USA
- 2015 – International High Point Market 301 N. Hamilton St., High Point, NC. USA
- 2015 – Finalist in a Prestigious National Oil & Acrylic PAINTERS SOCIETY Annual Fine Art Competition
- 2015 – “Tranquility” is included in the International Artist magazine Challenge #87, “Seascapes, Rivers & Lakes”, & was published in the International Artist magazine #103, June/July 2015 issue. 4
- 2015 – Finalist in a Prestigious Art Renewal Center International 2014-2015 ARC Salon
- 2014 – Group Art Show, Lahaina Galleries, Newport Beach, CA, USA
- 2014 – International High Point Market – High Point, North Carolina, USA
- 2014 – Finalist in a Prestigious Salon International, Greenhouse Gallery, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- 2014 – Finalist in a Prestigious RayMar Art 7th Annual Fine Art Competition
- 2014 – Finalist in a Prestigious Art Renewal Center International 213-2014 10th ARC Salon
- 2013 – Scottsdale Salon of Fine Art Exhibition, Legacy Gallery, Scottsdale AZ, USA
- 2013 – Oil Painters of America Eastern Regional Exhibition, McBride Gallery, Annapolis MD, USA
- 2013 – International High Point Market – High Point, North Carolina, USA
- 2013 – Greenhouse Gallery Salon International Show, USA
- 2013 – Artexpo International Art Show – New Your, USA
- 2013 – Art Renewal Center’s International Salon Competition 2012/2013, Port Reading, USA
- 2012 – Group exhibition, Lagerquist Gallery – Atlanta, USA
- 2012 – Greenhouse Gallery Salon InternationalShow, USA
- 2012 – Art Renewal Center’s International Salon Competition 2011/2012, Port Reading, USA
- 2011 – International Spring Home Show, High Point, USA
- 2011 – International Fall Home Show, High Point, USA
- 2011 – Group Art Show, Spring Art Fair- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- 2011 – Group Art Show, Shanghai International Art Fair -Shanghai, China
- 2011 – Group Art Show, Paris International Art Fair -Paris, France
- 2011 – Christie’s Spring Art Auction, Russian Art Sale , London, United Kingdom
- 2010 – Christie’s Summer Art Auction, Russian Art Sale , London, United Kingdom
- 2009 – Group exhibition, Lagerquist Gallery – Atlanta, USA
- 2008 – International Artexpo – New York, USA
- 2006 – Group exhibition – in Prestigious Salon International, Greenhouse Gallery, USA
- 2005 – International Artexpo – New York, USA
- 2004 – International Artexpo – New York, USA
- 2003 – International Artexpo – New York, USA
- 1990 – Traveling exhibition of contemporary Ukrainian Art: Tokyo, Okinawa, Japan
- Member of OPA
- Member of International Guild Of Realism
- Member of SALMAGANDI CLUB
- Member of Art Critque Guild of Ukraine